Earn your Massachusetts Firearms Safety Certificate
in just a few hours.
This certificate is required to apply for a Massachusetts firearms license and is valid for:
- Massachusetts Firearms Identification Card (FID Card)
- Massachusetts Class A License to Carry
- Massachusetts Class B License to Carry
Our instructors are Massachusetts Certified Instructors with experience teaching both the general public and various local, state and federal law enforcement agencies. Upon completion of this course you will receive the Firearms Safety Certificate that you need for your firearms license application.
The Basic Handgun Safety Course can be completed in approximately three hours. This classroom course utilizes real handguns with hands on instruction.
Our curriculum includes:
- Massachusetts laws pertaining to license application, firearms storage and transportation
- Firearm safety, including parts, nomenclature and operation
- Identifying and loading/unloading of most common types of handguns
- Firearm safety in the home and on the firing range
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Cleaning and basic maintenance
- Child safety, locking devices and storage containers
Course tuition is $100 per person.
An optional live fire range course is also available. It is the same safety course listed above with additional time allocated for live fire practice at our shooting range.
Group discounts and private classes featuring one-on-one instruction are available both on and off-site. Please contact us for more information.